So you’re about to create your post for the RidePost community…what’s your price going to be? As a Driver, we ask you to set your price per available seat. As a Rider, you have to figure out what you’re willing to pay.
Really, you can set your price wherever you want it. We designed the site so that you are free to make your own prices, given the following recommendations:
- No more than $0.55/mile. That’s where we cap the price. No highway robbery with RidePost!
- Aim for about $0.20/mile. This comes out to about $10 per hour.
- From our experience, $50 is at the high end of what people are willing to pay for long-distance trips. So if you are traveling 8 hours to see your family this weekend, we recommend pricing for your trip at $50 each. way. This will help attract more RidePosters to share your travel expenses.
- When considering how much your trip is going to cost you, remember to reference gas prices, insurance costs, maintenance costs for your car, etc…these serve as a barometer for RidePost pricing.
- You can always post your ride for FREE – the RidePost community will thank you :)
A final note on pricing: we at RidePost collect a 10% commission so we can continue to run our site and take care of you and the rest of our RidePost family, while 4% goes to credit card processing. So of the total price listed on the site, the Driver collects 86% of that number.
If you have any questions about setting your price on RidePost or our fee structure, you can chat with us 24/7 on RidePost.com, or let us know at email@example.com. Happy RidePosting!